TIMELESS Bali is a limited edition magazine which focuses on the elements of Bali that are considered to be ‘timeless’. The history, culture and nature of the island have been carefully preserved in stories and photographs, so that every reader appreciates Bali and learns about Bali more.
In this first volume, you will find stories that help to explain Bali’s origins, explaining the things you see around you today, including the rites, rituals, arts and more. You will read travel stories with meaning, local myths and legends, in-depth explanations of complex cultural phenomenons written to help you understand. It is ‘real Bali’ printed onto the page, and is a great companion to any Bali lover, and must-display in Bali homes, villas and businesses.
• About Timeless Bali
• Order a Copy of Timeless Bali (Digital Download available)
About TIMELESS Bali
Every page is home to a story that must be read, photographs that inspire, and thus a magazine to be kept and cherished for years to come. The content matches this mission, with articles that will last forever: stories on Bali’s past, present and future; stories on the seen and unseen; stories on places and people.
A mission of TIMELESS Bali is really to educate and enlighten readers on the core elements of Bali, to foster a deeper understanding of the things one sees around the island.
“Why have we made this publication? Honestly it’s a labour of love,” shares Publisher Alistair Speirs. “We want to portray the eternal aspects of Bali in a way that the world will appreciate, and as people understand these aspects and grow to love them they will start to respect them and hopefully strive to protect and preserve them, and as they preserve them they may want to teach others about them and encourage them to do the same.”
We believe that the pandemic has helped Bali to pause and reflect, recognising that its path to ‘mass tourism’ was not sustainable, nor an accurate reflection of what the island has to offer visitors. It is our hope that our publication will assist Bali’s future by re-focusing people’s attention back to culture, nature, history, society and even creativity.
TIMELESS Bali has been generously supported by:
Four Seasons Resorts Bali • Sensatia Botanicals • Viceroy Bali • Hatten Wines • Andaz Bali • Bali Island School .
What will you find in TIMELESS Bali?
TIMELESS Bali is comprised of purely non-commercial editorial. Chapters include:
• Perspectives, insightful opinion pieces commenting on the state of Bali.
• Made in Bali, an exposé on Bali’s local artisans or craftspeople.
• Island Explorations, an in-depth destination guide, inclusive of the historical and cultural significance of each destination featured.
• Temple Legends, interesting, lesser-known tales of Bali’s many temples.
• Cultural Observer, in-depth and long-form pieces explaining a chosen topic on Balinese culture and society.
• Timeless Bali, explaining the typical, everyday elements of Balinese Hindu culture. Commonly seen, rarely understood.
• Believe It or Not, sharing myths and folklore from Bali’s ‘unseen’ world.
Our in-house writers, with the help of cherished contributors Jean Couteau, Richard Horstman and Susan Ruddy, have worked to bring the island to life in these pages. If you love Bali, we know you will love TIMELESS Bali.
Ordering a copy of TIMELESS Bali
Specifications: A4-Dimensions, semi-hard cover, 120 pages.
Price: IDR 150.000, not including delivery
– Bali & Jakarta – IDR 25.000 delivery (per copy)
– Indonesia (other) – IDR 40.000 delivery (per copy)
– Outside Indonesia – TBC, please contact us with your location
Delivery is set up after payment is confirmed.
Payment is done by Bank Transfer / Paypal, with proof of transfer required.
Order via Email | Order via Tokopedia (different delivery rates apply)
Digital Download Version (different rates apply)
Unable to open the link? Send us an email with the details below:
No. of Copies:
Bali Office — firstname.lastname@example.org | +62 811 380 850
Jakarta Office – email@example.com | +62 21 781 3212